"Off the paddocks with RUGBYCOFFEE..."

 


Whilst spending the weekend camping with all my coaches and over 150 schoolboy rugby players on the Parel Vallei Rugby Dad's & Lads Camp in March of 2020, never did I realize that would be my last time with my PV Rugby family or any rugby family for that matter "On the Paddocks..."



The Pandemic struck and effectively killed schoolboy rugby in SA, and so what I did full time for a living (That being said holding probably one of the Top 30 highest paid schoolboy rugby jobs in South Africa) 



Doing what I love, loving what I do 6 days a week, 10 months a year. Enough of the sobbing - the previous blogpost covered that... What saved my life since, and kept me sane since May of 2020 is RUGBYCOFFEE and what we do "Off the Paddocks..."



Corne du Rand, my former Tuks rugby team mate shared his dream of hoping to bring about change in the lives of children across the world through rugby and coffee. We both believed that rugby and coffee bring people together and make for a good discussion... The rest as they say is history!



By bringing ethically sourced coffee to the global rugby market we aim to give kids around the world opportunities to play rugby. 



Our aim is to establish a popular global coffee brand that promotes the passion and values of the game of rugby, and to celebrate great coffee and people.

 



An organization with products and values that the rugby community can identify with. Together, we can help uplift the lives of kids and their communities through our charity partners.




From this perspective I believe my time on the pitch is done, and that I am fine with. As mentioned in the second stanza, rugby cannot and will not ever live up to my expectations where I find myself, and that is "okay....ish"



 
The effort and energy we have been putting in the last year and a half, through our amazing Brand Ambassadors & rugby Charity Partners to make a difference "On the Paddocks" in Africa through Bhubesi Pride and North America through the BC Grassroots Rugby foundation & the Toronto Arrows RFC, makes up for it!




The RUGBYCOFFEE Family keeps growing, I am humbled and proud to be part of the RUGBYCOFFEE Co.Ltd team and support the development of rugby at grassroots level worldwide. Creating opportunities through the beautiful vehicle that is rugby and the sweet smell of coffee brewing!


Follow our journey here 

"It's not just a game, it's a way of life...

#changingcommunities #bringingpeopletogether #itsnotjustagame #itsawayoflife 


Comments