No pads, no protection, just balls.

This is where I will share my thoughts, feelings & opinion on systems, politics and everything at play "Off the Paddocks..." 



Since leaving our life in South Africa behind in October 2020, and temporarily forced into "rugby-exile" I have thought it well to put my experiences, thoughts and feelings as I navigate the Canadian rugby scene...



Canada has for the first time in its proud rugby history (I am a huge fan, supporter & soon to be citizen) sadly failed to qualify for the Rugby World Cup! 


Rugby development at grassroots level, or the complete lack thereof in my region of the province is a prime example why... I find myself in a dynamic, innovative border city where rugby at university level sadly died a tragic death in 2007...





More so a local rugby club exists, and have for 60 years, yet no junior structure, or efforts to actively build a pipeline for the future of tomorrow? There is so much money being thrown around everywhere, still nothing is happening here?


Thinus Pienaar

Comments

  1. Thinus, you are a pioneer and visionary, go and establish the grass roots structures in the area, you have the drive, vision and tenacity to make it succeed.

    Draw up a plan of action, sets some goals, visualise it and keep knocking on doors until ou make it happen.

    I know you can.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment